Phase 2 of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority’s (NJEDA’s) New Jersey Zero Emission Incentive Program (NJ ZIP) provides funding to support electric vehicle purchases by eligible New Jersey businesses and organizations for commercial, industrial, or institutional purposes.
This phase of NJ ZIP implements two major eligibility changes: 1) opening the program to entities across New Jersey, not just in targeted areas of the state. 2) Expanding eligibility to include heavy-duty vehicle classes.
Additionally, Phase 2 applicants and all recipients will receive updated support structures. Though the general methodology for voucher application and approval from the first phase of the pilot will be maintained in the second phase, strategic implementation changes have been made to minimize friction and increase efficiency.
Join this webinar for more information and step-by-step instructions.
To be eligible for this program, organizations must be:
- a commercial, industrial, or institutional organization registered in New Jersey.
- tax compliant
- in good standing with the New Jersey Department of Labor and New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- purchasing and registering a new zero emission Class 2b – Class 8 vehicle for commercial, industrial, or institutional use within 12 months of voucher reservation
- operating 75 percent of vehicle miles in New Jersey and registering the vehicle in New Jersey
The vehicles purchased through NJ ZIP must be:
- new zero-emission vehicles - Retrofits and repowers of vehicles already owned by the applicant are not eligible.
- purchased and registered within 12 months of receipt of voucher approval - An extension for up to an additional six months may be permitted and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- procured from a vendor that meets program eligibility requirements
The vehicles purchased through NJ ZIP must NOT be a subject of the Volkswagen Zero-Emission Vehicle Investment Commitment
Date and Time
Thursday Mar 23, 2023
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT
March 23, 2023
12:00NN - 1:30PM