We currently have a full-time position available for a Human Resource person for a small landscape business with 50+ employees responsible for HR, Insurance and Legal matters.
For over 40 years, Horizon Landscape in Wyckoff, NJ has been delivering award- winning unparalleled quality in landscaping services in Northwest Bergen County. At Horizon, we are proud of our team of employees. Through formal education, on-site training, and many combined years of work experience, we have built a strong base of men and women who maintain the highest level of workmanship. Horizon is proud of the fact that our entire landscaping team returns to work year after year. Many have been with us for 25 years or more. As employers, we make every effort to be flexible, understanding, generous, and helpful. In return have been rewarded with a loyal, reliable, and hard-working team.
- Hiring process to include:
- Recruitment & Advertisement placement
- Phone interviews
- Employment verification
- Background checks and drug testing
- New employee paper work
- New employee orientation and on-boarding
Payroll duties to include:
- Tracking hours and time clock
- Process payroll taxes
- Monthly, Quarterly and year end reports
Employee management to include:
- Maintain employee files
- Assist with employee relations
- Oversee employee procedures and protocol.
- Track required employee training and education hours
- Maintain and implement employee handbook
- Compliance and safety
Other duties to include:
- Review and over sight of insurance policies.
- Liability, workman's comp, vehicle, employee.
- Maintaining accurate insurance records.
- Implement insurance programs.
- File accident reports
Assist administrative staff with overdue accounts
Process paperwork for collection or attorney.
Proficient with QuickBooks, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- People skills
- English Spanish bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of NJ state employment laws.
- Minimum 3 years experience in HR
- Minimum 3 years experience in payroll or accounting.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care Benefits
- Simple IRA plan
- Sick, Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Supplemental Insurance also available
- Tuition Assistance for company approved professional development education